software

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Fri, 19 May 1995 16:12:40 +0300

>After having completed a file I made to keep track of the maintenance here
>at IC, I am setting my sights on setting up a private customer database.
>The program is FileMaker Pro and is available in MAC or Windows. It took me
>some time to set up the maintenance file and it will probably be a while
>for the completion of the customer database but I believe I will have a
>very useful file in the end.
>
>Don McKechnie
>Ithaca College
>dmckech.ithaca.edu

I, too, use FileMaker Pro (the MAC version) and couldn't imagine keeping
records without it. I set up several files at UT Austin for inventory,
service records,  parts ordering, etc., using FM Pro. I also use it at home
for my private clients, and have also set up scheduling, Accounts
Receivable/Payable, and a general daily ledger for my piano business.

BTW, Claris says that FM Pro willbe released as a relational database
sometime this summer, thus improving its versatility. I'm not sure if the
Windows version will be relational, but I know the MAC version is.

It's a great data base program!

Good luck!

Tom Seay
The Unversity of Texas at Austin