Gluing & In-home regulating

FirTree@aol.com FirTree@aol.com
Sat, 27 May 1995 01:07:25 -0400

John Musselwhite wrote:

>I have a keybed from an old player that was destroyed which I've put banquet
>table legs on I use as a "portable" bench. It's a bit on the heavy side and
>I don't carry it too far from the car but it works well and isn't too ugly.

Geeeeaaahhh! Anything that heavy must be ugly<g>. Do you have a bench vise
installed on the side?

A few have made action supports like the ones (I am told) that are used in
some factories. Under the keybeds of some grands is a screw hole near the
front center. A short piece of wood extends out from under the keybed,
attached to that is a piece the same thickness as the keybed. It can pivot
out of the way, or to extend about a foot out from the front edge of the
keybed. This provides enough support for the action where you can see it.

Of course, Mrs. Cowsknowski has to be prepared before drilling a hole in the
bottom of her new Schmeckelstein Grand!

David Stocker                                    "This is not rocket
science!"
firtree@aol.com                                   Stolen from Mike Reiter.