Shaklee Basic H

DAVander@aol.com DAVander@aol.com
Sat, 27 May 1995 17:27:09 -0400

> I carry a -very- small bottle of soaking solution in my basic service >kit.
The bottle is the dropper-type, similar to those used for eye >drops.
However, instead of acetic acid or wallpaper remover, my >solution consists
of water and 'Shaklee Basic-H' (R). I can't recall >the industry term for
this, but it's sole purpose is to make water >"wetter". I'm amazed at the
number of times I've
>used this elixir for any number of piano-related projects.

>Regards,
>Jim Harvey

Basic H is a surfactant.  It lowers the surface tension of water.  I
sometimes carry a little bottle of it also (1:10 solution in water).  It
works well in the removal of key bushings because it soaks into the hard
crusty felts much more quickly than water alone.

I am curious as to what is contained in your "basic service kit".
Besides your tuning fork and tuning lever, rubber mutes and temperament
strip, what else do you carry on a daily basis?

Thanks for your answer.  I am an Associate, wanting to learn as much as I can
about piano servicing.  I enjoy  reading the comments on the piano tech
mailing list.

Thanks!

David Vanderhoofven
DAVander@aol.com