Grand dollie question: reply

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 02 Apr 1996 17:48:24 -0500

John:

I just replaced 3 caster from a Colson truck with maroon casters. One of them
cracked. The rubber came appart. From what I can gather, the truck was only
about 10 years old, and held a 6' Howard. I talked with Dave Johnson at
Schaff and he told me that the maroon casters have been know to break appart.
I replaced the caster with new ones from a caster company in St. Louis. These
were black rubber, which is much harder, and as a result, the piano rolled
better. When I played it, however,  th epiano stayed in place.  If this is
not enough, you could always get casters with brakes on them.

Wim.