To all who knew John Travis

L. Davidson Lamoreaux 102555.33@compuserve.com
Tue, 02 Apr 1996 22:34:57 -0500 (EST)

This morning about 9:30 (Tues. April 2) John Travis died at Shady Grove Adv.
Hospital.  He had been there for around 3 weeks after falling and found to have
an aneurism. He went thru 2 operations and apparently not really waked up
completely although the surgery successfully repaired the damaged artery. There
are more details that I don't have but I'm sure more will be avail. later.
      Viewing will be at the Heinz-Renaldi funeral home on Univ. Blvd in Silver
Spring MD from 2-4 and 7-9pm Thurs. April 4. Service to be on Friday 10:30am at
Wallace Memorial Pres. Church in Hyattsville, MD.

      It was very sad to hear the news today. I don't need to tell you that
John Travis has been one of the great patriarchs to the Piano Tech. Guild and
certainly in the Wash. DC chapter he has been quite a force. His cheery attitude
and determination to encourage excellence in our work will be long remembered.
He was always generous with his time and help and it pains me to realize how
little time I spent with him over the past 5+ years that I have lived just
around the corner from him (Literally). John Travis will live on in our hearts
as a really good man.

David Lamoreaux, RPT  Washington DC Chapter, PTG