Teflon powder

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Wed, 03 Apr 1996 22:26:22 -0500

M. Kiel writes;
> As far as I know, micro fine powdered teflon is only available from
>Spurlock Specialty Tools

        I have used Spurlock teflon, thought it was expensive.  Dupont sells
powdered teflon,  designated as MP-1100.  It feels, acts, and looks exactly
the same, but costs way, way less.  Look up a distributor in you area, and
ask for details.  (4 microns, I believe is the grain size).

Also,  another procedure for knuckle lubing;  I use a piece of hammer felt,
cut in a taper, to rub the powder into the knuckles. Holding a piece of paper
under the knuckles while  you do this allows all the spillage to be reused,
and there is virtually no waste at all.

regards,
Ed Foote