The Young Chang Blues

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Wed, 03 Apr 1996 23:43:35 -0500

Ed Hilbert rote 4/1/96:
<<You asked how does one tighten the leather on a knuckle?  No this is
not the same as bolstering.>>

Ed, I've tighened of knuckles by bolstering, that is, running the thread
through at the side and not at the bottom where the curvature presented to
the jack would change. What would be the difference in the sliding friction
of parts between a jack made taut be stretching less leather around the same
core, and made taut by enlarging the core at its sides by bolstering. I can
bolster in 45min. and then go play a couple of rounds of Prince of Persia
while Emily finishes up with her procedure. <g>

Bill Ballard RPT
"You'll make more money selling my advice than following it"
.....Malcome Forbes