PIANOTECH digest 255

Larry Fisher larryf@pacifier.com
Wed, 03 Apr 1996 21:08:16 -0800

>From: ggravina@ix.netcom.com (Gerard Gravina)

>Subject: Humidity Control Sys and PianoDisc

>If you have ever installed a humidity control system in a piano equiped
>with a PianoDisc, your feedback would be appreciated.  The piano is a D
>H Baldwin Model C152.  Where does one install the humidifier, as the
>pegboard (containing curcuitry?) covers the entire beam area?  Would
>hate to cut something I shouldn't!
>

>Jerry Gravina, RPT
>Babylon, NY

Hi Jerry.  First off, assuming that the PDS unit you have is an older one,
such as a model 32 because you have peg board indicated and that was the
thing to use back then, remove the peg board.  It should only be held on
with a hand full of screws.  Then, providing there isn't a speaker mounted
in the way, you should be able to find a place under there somewhere to
mount the Dampp-Chaser system.  The peg board was intended to keep little
shavers from pulling on the wires under there.  You can substitute
convoluted foam in it's place.  Make a pattern of the "wire area" out of
newspaper and go to a foam shop to have them cut you the piece to fit.  It
should stay in place without glue.  You could also consider cutting the
existing pegboard while it's removed to just cover the power supply area.
Email me with details.

Lar

                           Larry Fisher RPT, Metro Portland, Oregon's
                  Factory Preferred Installer for MSR/PianoDisc Products
                     phone 360-256-2999 or email larryf@pacifier.com
                              http://pacifier.com/~larryf/homepage.html
 the piano's keyboard smiled at me & said, "I dare ya to tune me!"