Baldwin-Reply

Rory Fader rfader@dowco.com
Wed, 03 Apr 1996 23:37:28 -0800

>Greg rote, 3/31/96:
><<I would like to ask if there's any truth to the rumor that Baldwin is not
>making pianoes anymore.>>

Word from a Baldwin dealer was that the company was trying to get the
employees to
make decisions about quality control during the building process instead of
doing
it at the end and ending up with a pile of pianos that needed corrections at
the end
of the line.  Apparentl;y, the employees didn't take the empowerment that
was given to them so Baldwin sent them home for a day, to show the employees
that Baldwin meant what it said.  I understand the wake up call worked and
Baldwin is making pianos better than before!

I heard this from the dealer and he heard it from someone else.  The
explanation sounds reasonable and if it's wrong, I hope nobody's offended.

Rory Fader, Delta, B.C. Canada
rfader@dowco.com