Baldwin

Mark Graham magraham@baldwinw.edu
Sat, 06 Apr 1996 22:54:57 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 6 Apr 1996, Greg Newell wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Apr 1996 21:45:36 -0700 (MST) you wrote:
>
> >Greg rote, 3/31/96:
> ><<I would like to ask if there's any truth to the rumor that Baldwin is not
> >making pianoes anymore.>>
> >
> >Speaking of truth, where did the guy you got the rumor from, get it from?
> >
> >Bill Ballard RPT
> >"You'll make more money selling my advice than following it"
> >.....Malcome Forbes
>
> He'd rather I didn't say.
>                       Greg
> Greg & Mary Ellen Newell
> Greg's Piano Forte'
> 12970 Harlon Ave.
> Lakewood, OH 44107
>
> e-mail;
> gnewell@en.com  or
> dt945@cleveland.freenet.edu

Nonsense. I'm the one who started this whole thing. I'm the tech at
Baldwin-Wallace Conservatory in Ohio. Two teachers came to me separately
and said they'd seen on CNN that Baldwin had laid off all its factory
workers. They wanted to know what I knew, which was nothing. They were
each quite sure it was Baldwin. I was quite shocked and called a store
here and was told (by a salesman) that it was true. I had just ordered
parts from Baldwin and knew they were still in business. I called a
dealer I trusted, and he said he hadn't heard it. So I was confused, and
started asking more people, including my friend Greg, who posted it
here.
Sorry to have caused a small storm. It started innocently! Mark Graham