Casters (soft vs hard): agraffes on bridge

John Peters jpeters@netcom.com
Mon, 08 Apr 1996 09:04:04 -0700 (PDT)

HI Dave,

> > I also just worked on a Hallet & Davis 48...a 6' (?) grand that had
> > agraffes attached to the bridge!  I don't recall ever noticing that
> > design before..
> >
> Sohmer had a grand out many years ago with agraffes on the bridge.  It
> didn't produce a sound I was really fond of but....

The Hallet & Davis I tuned was very dull sounding, especially in the bass..
and had lots of false beats in the treble.  I was thinking perhaps not
having enough surface area of the string across the bridge might have
been a contributing factor to the dullness...although it could have been
a lot of things.

John Peters, RPT

Berkeley, CA