teflon lube?

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Mon, 08 Apr 1996 13:22:51 -0500

>is it possible to lube the steinway teflon bushings with protek, or is reaming
>and repining the only way? thanks , Jerry Schoenfeld.

Hi Jerry,

Well, I'm afraid you will have to get out the reamers and go to it, IMHO.
You can try a few sample flanges with Protek, but if the centers are too
loose and clicking (arguably the number 1 reason for repinning), the last
thing you want to do is make them more slippery.

BTW, be sure to store your reamers inside the plastic sleeves they came in.
They are very easy to damage and if they become damaged or nicked,  it can
really wreak havoc with your repinning.

Good luck!

Tom Seay

t.seay@mail.utexas.edu