Wooleyes New Service

Barbara E. Richmond brichmon@e-tex.com
Tue, 09 Apr 1996 13:18 -0500 (CDT)

At 10:37 PM 4/8/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Notes of the March Meeting, NH Chapter PTG (Partial)

>Never one
>to be less than spectacular, Connie has talked the UConn (Storrs) Music Dept.
>into a monster piano concert of the sort she regularly produced back home at
>UNH(Plumbers). This however was not jest another crank-out of the Hadyn
>Surprise Symphony piano transcription for 15 pianos, but in fact the second
>ever performance of the "Concerto for Piano Tuner and Orchestra (aka the
>"Ping Ping"), premiered this winter by the Wesleyan (OH) Civic Orchestra (see
>PTJ 8/95). An ambitious undertaking considering the addition onstage of the
>orchestra to the pack of pianos and the required 20c pitch lowerings of all
>fifteen piano in between rehearsals.

I just *knew* I was doing mankind a favor when I commissioned that piece.
But Bill, get your facts straight--that's Illinois Wesleyan!  Surely Ohio
Wesleyan wouldn't want to be blamed--oh, I mean take credit for something
that wasn't their fault--oh, I mean, uh.........

Barbara Richmond, RPT
formerly of Bloomington, Illinois

PS  Hope that 55 gallon drum of Insta-tune worked out OK for you!