"FLOODED" WITH GRATITUDE

BDeTar@aol.com BDeTar@aol.com
Tue, 09 Apr 1996 17:15:09 -0400

I'm sending this through this medium because I believe it's very important to
remember what this world is REALLY about.

This has been, to say the least, quite a first quarter of 1996.  There's no
need to bore you with all the details, but let's just say I've had my fill of
"out of place" water!!

For those of you wondering, other than what I was going to teach, I had no
idea what was going to happen in my class Sunday moring at the PNWC.  I must
admit being a bit frantic at the notion that I was going to have to teach a 3
hour class in 1-1/2 hours.  When I looked up from getting my class materials
ready and saw how full the class was getting, I started thinking about how I
was going to print out more hand outs.  When everyone started singing Happy
Birthday, I was stuck.  Nowhere to run.  All I can say is, it's LOTS EASIER
singing to someone else!!

In my wildest dream (which involves...well.... maybe another time...), I
never thought what happened next, would.   It's still very difficult to
experience this level of kindness.

When Ward presented me with the card and donations, I was, to say the least,
stunned.  Then to find out that it had been going on for almost 2 months was
shocking.  I still find it difficult to find the words to say thank you.
 Everything I think of seems so feeble.

SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK
YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!
 THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!
 THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!
 THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!
 THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!

                                  THANK YOU!

To adequately repay everyone for the kindness you've shown me is impossible.
 I can only offer the following humble attempt:

I give you my continued dedication to conduct myself in a way that will pass
on and reinforce how we all got to the level we have attained.  This is a
constant attitude of openness and sharing when it comes to information and
help.  It's why we are so strong, and it will insure our strength in the
future.

In closing, I am compelled to give some very personal "Thank You's".

To Bill Spurlock and Fern Henry for the box of "goodies" they sent:
Bill, Fern, You can only imagine how much I appreciated and, (OK) NEEDED the
uplift that your thoughtfulness brought to me.

Keith Kopp & the Portland Chapter of PTG for your special gift:
Your generosity was MOST timely!!   Thank you!

David Peake:
Even as water was rising to threaten you, you called.

Taylor Mackinnon, you rascal, you.
I'll look forward to more dinners and beer.

Mark Burgett
Words are just too inadequate....just remember: "What goes around comes
around...but when it comes around, it gains momentum"!!!

Steve Ganz
Thanks for your thoughtfulness, Steve.

I wish I had the names of all who donated so I could say thank you
personally.  These are the ones who left traces for me to acknowledge:

Bill Smith, David Cowan, Al ("Mr. Cool") Seitz (Alaska!!), the Alaska
Chapter, PTG, and Wayne Beckman.

I remain forever grateful,

Brian "NO OBSTACLES...ONLY OPPORTUNITIES"  De Tar, RPT
BDeTar@aol.com