pussy branch

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Thu, 11 Apr 1996 20:17:42 +0100

In article <Pine.PMDF.3.91.960411105548.1075885453B-100000@ewu.edu>,
Mark Story <mstory@ewu.edu> writes

>I doubt this would be necessary.  Having access to a catalog and actually
>being able to place and order are entirely separate things, as far as the
>supplier is concerned.  The only other consideration is whether it is
>desireable to have "the great unwashed" see what our costs are.
>
>Mark Story, RPT
>
>mstory@ewu.edu
>Eastern Washington University Music Department
>Cheney, Washington, USA
>http:www.class.ewu.edu/MUSIC/Department/music.html

I agree, its not really necessary to protect the catalogue, just the
prices.  However, the two UK supply houses will not allow us to put the
catalogues on the net,  without some form of protection from the great
unwashed.  Both supply houses have a policy of not supplying jo public
with any information whatsoever. I do not know what the policy is in the
USA regarding supply houses.

Herrberger Brooks, on the other hand have no objections to the general
public seeing their catalogue or trade prices.  As they are quite happy
to supply the general public, but at much inflated prices.

As for a password it won't be anything elaborate, just a simple group
password.  Which will be changed periodically because I believe if the
jo public is really determined there's always one tuner who would give
out his or hers password.

Kind regards,

Barrie
--