Key bushing cloth

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Fri, 12 Apr 1996 13:21:48 -0400

>I'm about to restock my supply of key bushing cloth.  Any thoughts on
>quality cloths and suppliers?
>
>Jerry Gravina, RPT
>Babylon, NY

Tom Seay's is right about Renner cloth.  It is good.

For Steinways,  I have used the factory cloth for years, and in the high use
of a school, I find it performs as well or better than anything I have tried.
( A yearly dose of dry teflon spray, across the front key pins, seems to
really lengthen the service life of the bushings, as well as cutting down on
the friction from lateral pressure during play. )
Regards,
Ed Foote