Lyre repair

DBHersh@aol.com DBHersh@aol.com
Sat, 13 Apr 1996 20:45:18 -0400

>It's a great idea, Mark.
>
>What I do is use a rubber mallet to knock apart the loose parts of the lyre
>assembly.  I clean up the old glue areas, reglue using Titebond, and then
>pipe clamps to put it all back together.  Let it stay together for approx
>24 hours and reinstall.  Just make certain the parts of the lyre go back
>together properly and not crooked.

Mark and Keith,
  Another trick to try if the lyre is just a little loose is to take the lyre
off and run thin viscosity CA glue around the dowels and wedges, make sure
there is no trace left on the top of the lyre then reattach. This might just
prevent the above problem from happening later on. I heard Yamaha talking
about this with regard to Disklavier Lyres which get very hard use from those
big solenoids.

Doug Hershberger, RPT