Another joke: Two Statues in the Park

Kenneth W. Burton kwburton@freenet.calgary.ab.ca
Sun, 14 Apr 1996 05:08:32 -0600 (MDT)

On Sat, 13 Apr 1996, Jim Kinnear wrote:

> Come on guys.... surely you can do better than that !!
> I heard that one in 1962 !!!
>
> I guess like the song says... evrything old is new again
>
> Jim Kinnear
> Collingwood, Canada

      Perhaps this one will give you a chuckle:

      Sometime after the First World War, a struggling piano tuner
travelled on horseback from farm to farm, tuning the pianos he found and
making their owners happy. However, as he rode along one day, a bounding
rabbit spooked his horse who panicked and reared, throwing the luckless
tuner to the ground where his head crashed upon a rock.
      Neighbors found him unconscious and carried him to a doctor. The
doctor, however, could find no heartbeat or signs of breathing, so he
signed the certificate and passed him on to the undertaker. (No vital
signs monitors in those days)
      So it happened that, in the middle of the night, the tuner
revived and sat up, surprised to find himself in a coffin in a dimly-lit
room.
      As his head cleared a bit, he mused on the situation. "Hmm," he
thought. "If I'm alive, why am I lying on these satin pillows in this box?
But, on the other hand, if I'm dead, why do I have to go to the bathroom?"

      Ken Burton
      "Doctor Piano"
     Calgary, Alberta