Lets try a Politician Joke...

Musing61@aol.com Musing61@aol.com
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 09:27:23 -0400

Well, one day a politician died and went to heaven.  He was met at the pearly
gates by Saint Peter, who shook his hand warmly and led him in.  "Please
follow me", he said, "I'll show you your new place of eternal rest".

The politician followed Saint Peter down a wide street of gold.  Soon they
came to a pretty little cottage.  "Is that mine?" he asked.  "Oh no", said
Saint Peter, "that one is for a Bishop".  So they continued down the street
until they came to another lovely little cottage.  "How about that one?"
asked the politician.  "No.no", replied Saint Peter, "that's another one for
a Bishop".

This happened several more times, each time passing by a cottage, reserved
for a Bishop.  Finally they came to an immense, beautiful mansion, more grand
than anything imagined.  "Here we are", said Saint Peter, "your new home of
eternal rest".  The politician was astounded and overwhelmed.  "For me!" he
cried.  "There must be some mistake.  All those little cottages are for
Bishops, and this beautiful mansion is for me!"
"Oh yes", answered Saint Peter, "there's no mistake.  You see, we get Bishops
up here all the time. . . but you're the first politician we've ever had!".

  LeeBrown