teflon lube

Doug Richards drichard@qntm.com
Wed, 17 Apr 1996 18:18:06 -0700

Howdy to All,

This is my first posting after following your discussions for over a month.

Just wanted to say, as an engineer interested in piano technology, this is an
exciting forum to follow and hear ideas.

I have been following the discussion on Teflon lube.  Could someone explain the
advantage of using Teflon for hammer butts over other lubricants like graphite?
I'm assuming it is the mess factor, but though I would ask...

McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms

STICTION:  [MECH] Friction that tends to prevent relative motion between two
movable parts at their null position.
    C. Douglas Richards                     Telephone: (408)894-4592
    Mechanical Engineer                        FAX: (408)894-6298
       Saguaro Group                        E-mail: drichard@qntm.com