Prepared Piano

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 18 Apr 1996 08:10:03 -0400

John von Rohr writes;

>After several unsuccessful incidents I took my
case to the people who sign the checks in the administration and found that
>it was both effective and didn't leave any feathers out of place.
<snip>
> BUT - stick to your guns!!!!  Best of luck.    JvR>

  I agree 100% with John.    Money talks, loud!   I just returned last night
from a performance of Lukas Foss's "Thirteen ways of looking at a
Mockingbird".   I sensed trouble as soon as I saw the hammer and cowbell !!

    It reminds me of the pig farmer, on his porch, talking to his neighbors,
saying, "Well, it smells like money to me!"  It is our place to service and
maintain instruments.  If we have made it clear to the administration that
bass strings can be damaged by hitting with steel bars, or being marked with
crayons, etc.  and the pursuit of "ART" still calls for this treatment,
 well, gee,  then it sounds like money to my ears.  They will make the
decision how much they want to spend on "Art".

    ( I would just as soon look at a blackbird over the sights of a BB gun!)

Ed Foote
 {Why do the heathen rage? Must have something to do with Cage!}