Swing Test

EHILBERT@midd.middlebury.edu EHILBERT@midd.middlebury.edu
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 21:26:50 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Don, David, et al:
        I had been unable to access my server for a while and so was unable
to respond to your thoughts concerning the graduated swing test versus
making all hammer flange centers equall.  But now i'm ba......

        I have read both of your comments and must say that it would be
hard to find two people who have probably studied centers more than the two
of you have.  Thus, if I am to learn that what we have been doing all these
years is incorrect, I couldn't ask to be informed b more knowledgeable
than the two of you!!

        This is one area in which I will confess to having done it this way
because I was told it was the best way to do it.  I'll not mention the name
of the high level technician from whom this was learned since I don't
believe either he or anyone else in his shop visits this list.  I will,
however, see him this summer at the National and will ask him if he is
still doing it this way.
        Your explanations seem to make sense, but we have found that we
have had very nice results with the method we have used when regualting.
We shall have to explore this further to see what we think.  Thanks for
giving us fodder for thought.  We'll report back someday.........
Ed Hilbert RPT
Vermont Chapter