Belly Jobs, (was whoops)

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 13:12:32 -0400

M. Mohr writes;

  Steinway and Sons has been replacing plates succesfully on pianos which we
continue to manufacture today, models S,M,L,B, and D.
  This would include a new soundboard and pinblock and would be backed by
>the  factory warranty.

       I have sent many pianos to the Steinway Restoration Services for
soundboard replacement and will go on record as saying, I have not gotten a
bad one yet. (No two sounded alike, but all produced the "Sound")

      In comparison,  I  service  several Steinways with boards replaced by
several, different, widely known firms, and have seen a number of others, and
there is, to my sense of tonal response,  something profoundly lacking in
these instruments.

     Not so with any of the factory replacements, IMHO,  they are the surest
bet to having your Steinway sound like a Steinway.

Regards,
Ed Foote
Precision Piano Works