Accu-Tweaker anomoly

Bob Simmons bsimmons@wiley.csusb.edu
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 23:33:01 -0800 (PST)

>The microphone, or the internal circuitry in the SAT can be at fault, but
this is rare.  The newer SAT's have better filter circuitry than some of
the earlier ones.  I have seen some (older) SAT's that have trouble
reading the 4th partial of A4, A#4 and B4, which is very high (2 octaves
up) weak, and unstable on some pianos.

Reply:

Interestingly enough, I have an *old* accutuner (serial #176) and newer
one, to compare, and was having the problem that you've all talked about,
only on the newer one (with the midi and all the gadgets). I probably
would have lived with using an external mic, constantly moving the
machine around, trying to strike notes harder or softer, etc. and gotten
by; but comparing the new SAT with the old, I realized this was not a
necessary evil and that something was going haywire with either the mic
or the filter circuitry. It was the latter, and a quick trip in to
Accutuner solved the problem and it works great, now.

So that was my experience. . .good look to the rest of you.

Bob Simmons RPT
Calif. State University, San Bernardino