commercial HCS

DAMPPCHASR@aol.com DAMPPCHASR@aol.com
Thu, 15 Feb 1996 09:16:35 -0500

We have been intrigued with this question of should I control the RH level of
the concert piano in a box or room off stage by controlling the environment
in the box or should I control it with a humidity control system in the
piano.

My thoughts on this are, control the piano because this system can be used
right up to the start of the performance (or perhaps throughout the
performance if one doesn't mind the extension cord).  It can llikewise be
started again right after the performance leaving just a short period for the
piano to gain or loose water.

This is a theory.  I don't know of any actual experiences and would
appreciate any thoughts on doing this ane way or the other.

Bob Mair,
Dampp-Chaser Electronics