worn back checks &squeaky wippens

Ron Nossaman nossaman@southwind.net
Sun, 18 Feb 1996 22:03:31 -0600

At 07:12 AM 2/15/96 -0700, you wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Feb 1996, Dave Swartz, RPT wrote:
>
>> width and length are correct.  I use medium viscosity C/A glue-NO
>> accelerator.  Apply C/A glue to the upper back half of backcheck.  Firmly
>> place the new strip and seat in place.  Hold this for around 15 seconds or
>>
>> I'm sure there are some other neat ways of doing this, and I'm all ears.
>> This method has proven effective for me for many years.
>> Dave Swartz, RPT
>>
>Question:  What happens when the next technician has to remove these CA
>glued leathers in the next backcheck reconditioning. Does CA remove with
>steam?  I thought we were to use hot hide glue for these situations.  Any
>thoughts?

>Fred Scoles, RPT

To whom,
I've always liked the good old glue pot hide glue for felt and leather work.
When the next guy has to replace something some day, I'd like him/her to
think kindly of me for using a reversable glue. I'd rather be cursed for
something I said, than something I did. <G> Besides, you don't glue yourself
to things quite as permanently with the dead cows. It will make your eyes
water though, if you keep it in the pot too long.
 Ron Nossaman