Tuning Hammer Tips

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Sat, 24 Feb 1996 10:15:46 -0500

Sy Zabrocki writes;

Tuning hammer tips wear out after a couple years or so.

    I don't know what kind of tips are sold today, because I am still using
the same one I began with 20 years ago.
    It is stamped "Joe Kulichek-  Chicago", and   It was   old  when  given
to me, (friends father had died, I got some tools from him to "start school
with".
      This tip has tuned many thousands of pianos, and still fits and feels
great, though only on 2/0 and 3/0 pins.

       I found it was easier to carry the extra needed tips on their own
heads, since it is so much easier unscrewing  and screwing the  head,  than
getting out the tip wrench and having a micro wrestling match the tuning
hammer.

regards,
Ed Foote
Precision Piano Works