Ben in Cuba

Barb Barasa bbarasa@tbcnet.com
Thu, 02 May 1996 11:56:38 -0500

>There was a nice interview with Ben last night on "Market Place", a
>NPR program.  I may be wrong, but I think he is in trouble because I
>expect the government to make an example of him.
>
>/Allen Leigh
>South Jordan, UT

I also heard Market Place, and I agree.  It's the attitude, "Don't anybody
be nice to these people because we don't like them.  They won't do what we
want, so we will punish them."

To imagine that preventing them from having pianos is in some way going to
change their political system is quite ludicrous.  The only possible motive
is to not allow a "leak in the dike."

>From the Market Place interview, I recall that the actual charge is "trading
with the enemy."  It is not like he was selling arms for hostages.

Barb Barasa
Sycamore IL