Who is International Piano Supply? (long)

Avery Todd ATodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 02 May 1996 15:10:45 -0500

List,
   Has anyone heard of this company? I found this from a link on
rec.music.makers.piano. If anyone wants to take a look, the address is:

            http://www.loop.com/~a440tech/partlist.html

>As a [image] owner, you should consider yourself a very "special" individual.
>
>  When a repair or replacement needs to be done on your [image] or [image],
>you can usually find the items you need at a local auto supply or hardware
>>store at a reasonable price, should you wish to perform such repairs
>yourself.
>  However, parts and supplies for your [image] are not only difficult (if
>not >impossible) to find, but in order to purchase what you want, most
>products
>for the piano have only been available through a retailer, such as a
>"piano >service", who is not likely to sell you components, without also
>charging
>for their installation as well.
>  We feel that this is a luxury that many people can not, or do not wish
>to >afford. Especially for repairs and replacements that can easily be
>done >yourself.
>  Well, we can't help you with the past, but we do have the solution for
>the future.
>                        IPS (International Piano Supply)
>                        aka International Piano Solutions
>is an import/export manufacturer of piano accessories, parts & supplies.
>We are also an exclusive distributor for several piano manufacturers, supply
>wholesalers, bench and cover manufacturers, digital player manufacturers
>and >software developers.
>   All products offered by IPS are availble directly to the public at up to
>50% - 60% below retail.
>   Digital software for Clavinova, Disklavier, PianoDisc & Pianomation is
>>priced at 10% (or more) below catalog prices from the manufacturers (They
>
>won't even sell to the public at our prices).
>  Free technical support is always available for any product we sell  (and
>even >some things we don't).
>  Below is a reprint of the index from our latest catalog. If we don't
>>manufacture, stock or carry an item for your piano, it probably doesn't
>exist!

>Acrylic Caster Cups 23 Action, Cloth 20 Cradle 39 Drawings 3 Models 40
>Adhesive, Key Top 42 Adjustable, Artist Benches 23 Piano Stools 26
>Apprentice >Tuning Hammer 33

>Balance Rail Felt Punchings 21 Baldwin Pick Up Fingers 20 Basic Tuning
>Kit 3 Bass Strings 35 Bench, Hardware 17 Legs 18 Pads 26 Benches, Piano &
>Organ, Artist 23 Duet 25 Wood Top 24 Books, Reference 40 Technical 40 Braces,
>Lyre 11 Brass, Casters 14 Collars 12 Desk Knobs 10 Grand Lid Prop Hinge 17
>Support Cups 17 Supports 17 Hinges 15 Lamps 28 Music Desk Guides 17 Pedals
>10 Wire 36 Bridle Tapes, Cork 19 Clip Type 19 Inserters 19 Buttons, Rubber 9

[snip]

(And on and on it goes through the rest of the alphabet. AT)

>*As much as we would have liked to put our entire catalog on these pages
>for you to peruse, we estimate between 50-60 megabytes of data would be
>gobbled
>up in graphics! Not real pleasant when you're waiting for a page to load. It
>is for this reason (and lack of web space) that we deeply regret that we
>are >unable to provide "on-line" shopping for our products at this time.
>If there is >a particular item you are in need of, please email us or give
>us a call.
>   All merchandise sold by us except **special order products is
>>unconditionally guaranteed.
>   Should anything you purchase from us fail to meet your expectations
>(for ANY reason), simply return your purchase to us for a full and prompt
>refund.
>   We do request that any product you return be in "new" condition with all
>hardware, packing and instructions, if any.
>   Detailed instructions are included with all products, when indicated or
>>requested. If you need help with either locating a product or just have a
>>question, please ask us. We'll be more than happy to be of assistance.

                         Our  (Spring 1996)
                  Piano Accessories, Parts and Supply Catalog
  includes over 900 items, which are described in detail - most have
                        accompanying photography.

  If you would like to order our catalog, please send US$3.25 + 1.50
 for shipping, along with your name, address and telephone to us at:

                           "IPS Catalog Request"
                     18039 Chatsworth St. - Box 3012
                  Granada Hills, California 91394-0012
                                     USA

   A credit for the full amount paid for our catalog (including shipping)
will be applied toward any order of $20.00, or more - IPS will also pay the
shipping costs on your first order!

***Software catalogs for Clavinova, Disklavier, PianoDisc and Pianomation are
also available free of charge.

All catalog orders will be shipped via U.S. mail. Please allow 1-2 weeks for
delivery. If ordering from outside the U.S., additional charge may apply.
Please email us with your location for correct amount.

**Specially finished items, custom made piano covers, genuine ivory and
non-normally stocked items. Copyrighted media may be returned for exchange
(same product only).

***Software catalogs from all manufacturers will be sent subject to supply on
hand (they go very quick).

                         International Piano Supply
                      18039 Chatsworth Street - Box 3012
                        Granada Hills, CA 91394-0012
                                818-366-3761
 (World-Wide toll free  is printed on the cover of our catalog for
assistance & ordering)

             Business hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM Monday - Thursday
                             9:00AM - 5:00PM Friday
                             9:00AM - 1:00PM Saturday (PST)

We are also available via email: pianosupply@loop.com most days until
10:00PM (1:00AM, Eastern)