Felt storage..( was Is Ben.......)

Wippen@aol.com Wippen@aol.com
Sat, 04 May 1996 09:00:25 -0400

To my colleagues who know so much about liberty, freedom and Cuban-American
politics.  H-m-m, I thought this list was about pianos.  I  feel rather
uncomfortable with you using this forum to spread a political agenda,
especially one which runs you into conflict with the State Department.
 Perhaps we could stick to piano technology, our area of expertise.
David Sanderson
Pianobiz@aol.com

I agree,  1000%

        If this much mail was being sent to the appropriate committee members
and government officials,  it would be constructive.

        Here, in the place we go to for technical input,  it becomes
 political chaff.   Please  write your Congressman, not your list.

Ed Foote
A440A@aol.com

Doubled and re-doubled, and to that end.......a piano query (?)

I recently started to install new damper felts on a Steinway grand at school.
The felt was a set of pre-cut dampers (both bass and treble) packaged
specifically for the model of the piano I am working on, purchased from
APSCO.

These dampers were purchased some time ago during a budget friendly year, so
I stocked up and bought about a dozed sets.

The problem is, the felts have turned yellowish, in spite of the fact that
the package was unopened and was kept in a relatively "clean" area in a
locked cabinet.

Have any of you experienced this and what do you do? Any secrets?

Paul Dempsey
Marshall University
wippen@aol.com