Felt storage

PIANOBIZ@aol.com PIANOBIZ@aol.com
Sat, 04 May 1996 17:32:26 -0400

Is there a possibility these felts were "yellowish" when you purchased them
>since you said the boxes were unopened?
>
>Keith McGavern, RPT
>kam544@ionet.net
>Oklahoma Baptist University
>Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA

Exactly!
Paul I just came back from APSCO's exhibit at our New England Regional and
Keith is right.  All of their brand new damper felt was off white, almost
yellow.  I also inquired of David Stanwood our resident felt expert, if it
would be possible to get them back to white and he indicated that if it was
yellow to begin with, it means less bleaching and perhaps a better felt for
our purposes.
It is for you to decide if they were originally yellow or they are hardened
and yellowed from time and moisture.
Good Luck Paul,
David Sanderson
Pianobiz@aol.com