oppression- (was: Ben in Cuba)

TUNERJIM@aol.com TUNERJIM@aol.com
Sun, 05 May 1996 16:58:03 -0400

Re lowering grand pianos . . .

We only need one person to do the job, unless you want someone to fetch
coffee.

STEP I:  Lift piano from front and kick a 2 x 4 block under the lyre pedal
box.

STEP II: Remove bass leg.  Piano will rest pn lyre box and other two legs.

STEP III:  Place folded mover's blanket, or dolly, or skid board inposition
               receive the piano which in STEP IV you

STEP IV:  Lower the piano gently until it is resting on the front leg and the
                bass end of the case, then slowly lift from the treble end
until the
                piano is comfortably and securely resting on its side.

STEP V:   Drink the still-steaming coffee brought back by your helper.

                I've been doing this (in both directions) for over 25 years
and I have
                NEVER had a problem of any sort whatsoever.

tunerjim@aol.com