Piano moving (was oppression)

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sun, 05 May 1996 18:01:19 -0500

>... my original question was.. :
>can a grand leg sustain the piano if on an angle ie when the left corner is
>resting on the floor, the right and end legs are on an angle that looks to me
>too, great to hold the weight ...
>Jim Kinnear
>jkinnear@georgian.net

Yes to your question.  Two factors are relevent when doing this.  Check the
legs for secureness before lowering the left corner, and position the
casters so they won't flip-flop in the lowering process.

I don't know how long in that lowered position is too long, but there is
more than adequate time to make it to the next step of piano moving.  Same
is true when reversing the process, checking the legs for secureness and
positioning the casters.

I now recall another mover who prefers uses his left left for a dummy leg
while removing the #1 leg, then he just lowers that end of the piano
himself.

Keith McGavern, RPT
kam544@ionet.net
Oklahoma Baptist University