Lyre a load bearing membe

Bill Stratton bill.stratton@chemek.com
Tue, 07 May 1996 05:15:10 +0000 (GMT)

RV>I've always wanted to get the official MANUFACTURER position on this issue.
RV>understand that the movers do it because it saves time and effort on their
RV>part--as long as the lyre holds. But we're generally the ones who end up
RV>having to repair the lyre. And sometimes the keybed as well.

RV>Robert V. Carr RPT
RV>DeLand FL

I once got into a "discussion" with a dealer about whether the lyre
should be on or off to set up and take down . We made a bet. I then
called Steinway and talked with Michael Mohr. He said it was fine to
leave the lyre on. Then I called and talked with Steinway's factory head
and he said always remove the lyre.  So there you have the Steinway
official position.....

Bill Stratton
---
 ~ SLMR 2.1a ~