C.Y.A.

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Wed, 08 May 1996 08:55:07 -0400

Newton,

        I, like the others,  am sorry to hear that  your music department has
decided to re-educate themselves.

       What I really hate, in these sorts of transistion times,  is when
somebody says, (and they inevitably do),  " One door closing is possibly
another opening up".   <sigh>,       Well, here goes me saying it !

      Perhaps the school's cut-back is the bell ringing on the freight-train
of progress,  If you have been at that station for long,  the train is
probably going to pull out soon,  and you want to be on it.

       If the chair is making up the complaints,  then your days were
numbered regardless of the quality of your work.  If there were complaints,
 you have their level of expectations high;  a cheaper replacement will prove
false economy to them, and probably make them respect what they had.

       Meeting an old friend at a convention, she told me that after 17
years, she had finally moved on from her small school, and no longer did
institutional work.
      "Didn't it just kill you to give it up?" I asked.
       She said she had more time, peace of mind, and money, than she'd had
for years.
      Her local reputation, like Kudzu on a river-bank, had filled in the
gaps in her schedule, and everything she did was now at full retail pricing.
 And she was as busy as she wanted to be!
      Is this not a worthy goal for any of us?

Good luck Newton,

Ed Foote
Precision Piano Works
Nashville