tech tip: filing hammers

Jim Kinnear jkinnear@blue.georgian.net
Thu, 09 May 1996 17:41:47 -0400 (EDT)

Barb
Thanks for your reply, and when I first experimented with the tool, I too seemed
to only do a cosmetic job... however, at this point, the results are pleasing to
me, ie there are no grooves left in the surface, it is an arc, though due to the
geometry of a, now shorter hammer, each arc is perhaps a bit rounder???
and when done properly, the striking face is perpendicular to the direction of
travel.  We have all seen the angled results of a 'tecnician' in a hurry
Jim