dremel tool for filing was Re: tech tip: filing hammers

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sat, 11 May 1996 15:47:41 -0400

I used the dremel tool until I bought the minibelt sander from Ruth McCall.
But I don't use it on uprights, only grands. I had a hard time getting the
guide to fit between the hammers, especially in the treble section. I know
Ruth showed how to take the guide off and set it up different, but the time
and trouble of doing that made the whole process too much of a bother. That
is why I now file upright hammers by hand.

As far as tilting the action on its back, as Barb noted, or taking the rest
rail off, again, too many steps, too many extra tools and gadgets to work
with. I like to keep it simple.

Wim Blees