player piano shut off

Daryl Matthies pianotec@hcsinc.com
Tue, 14 May 1996 12:52:40 -0500

I need help with a 20 year old Aeolian Sting player piano.  On my first =
visit, the player would not shut off at the end of the roll.  I found =
the shut off pneumatic to be leaking, so I recovered it.  It now works =
fine.  However, now when a roll is at the end, the paper gets to the =
reroll holes on the tracker bar and it starts to reroll, but immediately =
shuts off.  If I push the motor switch again, it will reroll to the =
beginning just as normal and shut off. =20

Adjusting the reroll brake at different settings doesn't seem to help, =
neither does altering the tracker bar position or takeup spool.  There =
doesn't seem to be a gap in the paper when it starts to reroll.  A new =
or old roll makes no difference. =20

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Daryl Matthies
pianotec@hcsinc.com