Tuning Chart

Rob Kiddell atonal@planet.eon.net
Thu, 16 May 1996 07:13:39 +0000

Hi Bob,

      In answer to question 1, we are trying to analyze temperaments on
different pianos in the University and record them on paper. We (the
University tech. and myself) realize a SAT is more in line for this,
but this is unattainable presently, and we're just getting
measurements in the ballpark.

      Question 2, This is a *really* old one, with a window for all twelve
notes, starting at F, and the partials are measureable, if you are
quick and the microphone is placed just so.

      Dean Reyburn has sent some Fairchild formulas that I'll try in a
spreadsheet, and see if it's what we need.

      As an aural guy, (and a technophile) I find all this fascinating,
but damn bulky. I'll keep you posted on any further developments.

Thanks for the interest, 8-)  Rob
Rob Kiddell
C.A.P.T. Student
P.T.G. Associate