Bob O'Ling Hammerz

Tunrboy@aol.com Tunrboy@aol.com
Thu, 16 May 1996 22:02:18 -0400

David Stanwood wrote:
>I don't believe I've heard key dip mentioned in any of these conversations.
>My first reaction to bobbling hammers is insufficient dip.

Ah HA!  Now that jogs my memory!  We just installed a PD-128 in a baldwin
console and after cutting away the back of the keybed... SPROING!  Up went
the back of the keys.  Consequence- no dip.  Or ridiculously shallow dip
throughout the middle of the keyboard.  The remedy?  Remove punchings or
lower the key rest.  We opted for the latter.  We also reinforced the keybed
with a metal support much like Kawai utilizes.  Reregulate and you're done!
 Personal observation- the closer the plungers are to the capstans, the
better the player plays.

Eric Leatha, RPT
tunrboy@aol.com