Glenn Grafton gleng@fast.net
Mon, 20 May 1996 09:03 -0400 (EDT)

>Some time ago, one of my rental pianos came back from a home where it got
>a heavy dose of tobacco smoke.  I was wondering how to get the smoke out.
> About the same time, my Grandmother bought a car that had the same
>problem.  The dealer told her to put dryer sheets inside for a few
>weeks. It worked.  I tried it in my rental piano.  It worked.  I have
>since used this method several times and so far it hasn't failed me.
>
>Ron Shiflet, RPT

There's a more thorough method to remove smoke smell from a piano. Check
your Yellow Pages for companies that do smoke & fire restorations of homes.
We had a grand that was in a fire, not any damage to the piano from the
fire but the smell of smoke permeated the piano.
We arranged to take the piano to this company and put it in their ozone
chamber for a few days. Took care of the smoke problem and the cost was
fairly reasonable. The guy told me that they had put an entire BMW in the
chamber that was owned by a heavy smoker.

Glenn Grafton
Grafton Piano & Organ Co.