Is this a "Beware"?

Ted Simmons ted@palmnet.net
Thu, 23 May 1996 16:32:17 -0400

The word "cheap warehouse" is definitely a clue.  I live not too far from
Orlando, Florida and often see ads for "warehouse" sales.  They bring the
pianos in on a semi-trailer and when they're sold, the trailer moves to
another location.  The warranty that the buyers are given is worthless,
because they can't find the seller!  People are so gullible.  That's what
makes piddly operations like this survive.  I once went to tune a used
piano that the customer had recently purchased.  He had paid $1250.00 for
it, and when I opened it up I found the strings were terribly rusty and it
was 200 cents flat.  I closed up my toolkit and gave the customer the bad
news.  I thought he was going to have a heart attack.  Of course I told him
he should have had me check it out before he bought it.  But the exterior
finish looked so good!  I think he would have bought a used car that looked
good even if it had no engine!  'nuff said.