Is this a "Beware"?

Thomas C. Cobble cobble@urvax.urich.edu
Thu, 23 May 1996 19:41:57 -0400 (EDT)

>List,
>   Found this on rec.music.makers.piano and was wondering if this is one of
>those "beware" type of sales that were discussed in the recent past on the
>list?
>
>>Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 17:24:13 +0500
>>Subject: Re: Arriving June-Sept, over 100 used Yamaha,Kawai grands-upright
>> pianos
>>
>>rjones8650@aol.com (RJones8650) wrote:
>>
>>You can not and will not find a lower price anywhere in the U.S.  We are
>>piano technicians in a cheap warehouse that have imported used Yamaha and
>>Kawai pianos monthly for 11 years .  We get the largest shipments through
>>the summer months,  and sell them like hotcakes.  We can provide state by
>>state customer and music teacher referral lists that can tell you that
>>they have come from as far away as  Mass. and Miss. to purchase from us.
>>We rely heavily on word of  mouth.  All the pianos are fully regulated,
>>tuned, cleaned out,  and polished prior to delivery,  Most of them look
>>new inside and out when we are finished with them.  You will save
>>thousands.  If you live in the Baltimore-Washington area, the delivery is
>>free.  If you live farther away we can provide you with cheap moving.  The
>>savings will be far more than the small cost for transport.  That's a
>>fact!  We also guarantee all of them for one year,  parts and labor and
>>offer a lifetime 100% trade in with no time limit.  1st shipment arrives
>>port of Baltimore June 3. for more information you can contact us at
>>RJ8650@aol.com or call at 1-800-466-2198.
>>Thank you,
>>Rick Jones President
>>Rick Jones Pianos Inc. (Specializing in used acoustic pianos.)
>>Beltsville, Maryland
>>

>_____________________________________
>Avery Todd, RPT
>Moores School of Music
>University of Houston
>Houston, TX 77204-4893
>713-743-3226
>atodd@uh.edu
>
>'Excuse me for pointing out the obvious,but has anyone asked if these
pianos are suitable for our widely varied climate in  North America??  My
experience with even nice,new Yamahas that were bought overseas and
transported to the US. is that they DO NOT hold up as well as models made
for this market..What can we expect from used pianos??? They are a different
breed of cat, and they are NOT as good........