repinning hammer flanges

John von Rohr jvonrohr@worldnet.att.net
Mon, 27 May 1996 02:02:14 +0000 (GMT)

At 04:52 AM 5/26/96 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>About a year and a half ago I repinned a set of hammer flanges on a Kawai
>grand (approx 20 yrs old)  for a teacher.  She uses the piano extensively
>for herself as well as her students and likes the feel of the action when I
>pinned all the flanges at ..... "3 swings"   ..... for lack of a better

Larry,

It sounds like the action centers gained enough moisture to actually resize
themselves. As the centers are looser it is not surprising that your client
noticed. You probably need to repin them again, trying to swell them with
more moisture would only make things wores eventully. If they are not wobbly
but only loose you might consider contacting Dave Stanwood about installing
screws for adjusting the Hammerflange frction at Stanwood@tiac.net.       JvR