Icelandic tuners

notan notan@itn.is
Thu, 30 May 1996 22:42:27 +0000

>>Does anyone know the software Filemaker pro for Mac. If so has any tu=
>>ner out there made a good template for it, for customers database ,call-
>>bakcs and so on that you would be willing to let me look at. Also I would be
>>interested in learning if you know any good programs for the Mac. to =
>>put your customers in that is easy to use.
>
>>Mr.Sindri Heimisson
>>Piano tecnician
>>Reykjav=EDk Iceland
>
>I have always been fascinated by your country and I would be interested to
>know how is piano tuning going up there.  I heard that the famous pianist
>Vladimir Ashkenasy is now living in Reyjavik.  Is that true?
>
>Michel Lachance, RPT
>Fleurimont, Canada
>Chance@cme.qc.ca

Regarding the tuning business in Iceland the situation is ,that the
population here is about 260.000 so it is not a big country by any
standard. I own and operate a small piano store with two other technicians.
We are all fairly busy during most of the year but during the summer the
business is slow.We carry the Young Chang , Kawai, Bechstein and some other
brands and the the best selling pianos here are Samick and Young Chang ,
not because they are the best  but because of the price.
        Regarding Ashkenasy he lived here about 10-12 years ago , he had an
Icelandic wife. By the way he is comming here this next month to conduct
the Berlin philharmonic.