Moldy hide glue

Bill Maxim wmaxim@gnn.com
Wed, 06 Nov 1996 18:58:23 +0000

List -

I like to have hot hide glue available on days when I am working in my
shop, with turn out to be not oftener than once a week.

Usually by the time I get to it, there is mold growing on the top of
the glue.  This is a fairly recent occurrence; it started not more than
a year ago.  Is this just a nuisance or will it affect the longevity of
the glued joints?

I've tried washing the glue pot out with clorox, to no avail.
Bill Maxim, RPT, Piano Technicians Guild    wmaxim@gnn.com
Serving South Carolina from Columbia and Greer