Dead Note

Richard m remoody@iw.net
Thu, 07 Nov 1996 00:16:24 -0600

	If a notched bridge causes problems in one note, why by logic shouldn't
it cause a problem in the note on the other side?.  Are there differences
in the way a tuning fork sounds either side of the notch?  Does the string
next to the notch sound weaker than the middle or outside string?  Check
the bearing on both sides of the break.  Assuming the bridge is sound, and
the bearing O.K. you might try using a 1/2 size smaller wire.  Better to
determing the tension first, if it is way off then a different size wire
might make a difference.  This is assuming  there is a single string at
the break so that the three strings aren't shared with another note.
	Happy experimenting

Richard Moody  ptt