knuckles

Paul Kupelian kupelian@oswego.edu
Fri, 08 Nov 1996 14:18:32 -0500 (EST)

Ron,
Answer to Question 1. Steam may work as well but I prefer the vinegar as
it really softens and loosens the joint which makes the answer for
question 2 much less of a risk.  I found that a firm grip on the hammer
prevented much of a strain on the flange.  The knuckles lifted out with
relative ease.  However,  your point is well taken.  I guess applying the
vinegar to the knuckles while on the stack and then removing the hammers
to remove the knuckle may be a safer way to go.

Paul Kupelian, RPT
kupelian@oswego.edu