Knuckles

Avery Todd ATodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 08 Nov 1996 15:30:55 -0600

Jon,

   If you haven't already, you might also check the contact felt for the
bottom of the drop screw. That is also frequently a source of noise in an
older action.

>I have a customer with 25 yr old 'M'.  The knuckles are dense
>and make noise when the jack returns.

   Clarification: do you mean when the jack returns or when the hammer
shank/knuckle drops onto the jack? Nit-picking I suppose, but just wanted
to be sure.

>This has the beloved teflon 'perma-click' action.

   Boy, I know all about those. We have about 20 or so of them here!

Avery

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston