Nightmare tuning

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Fri, 08 Nov 1996 17:56:14 -0500

Greetings all,
 season is a white-knuckle chore at times"),

Avery writes

 "  I had that same situation when I first came here: tune the recital hall
piano(s) early, then have them beat to death all day and then a recital at
night. It really lets you know quickly how solid your tunings are. " -----

     Just for the school techs grins,  Here is what I got tonight.

     A Steinway D tuned this morning, muggy "prefront weather", steadily
dropping temps, from 70 to possible snow flurries by show-time.
     The TV crew gets there at 4:00 and sets up lights, etc, opens doors,
 rain begins its slow drapery over a pent-up Friday, and student recitals
will stop 45 minutes before a sold out house shows up to hear their favorite,
home-town Steinway artist  play a solo piano recital of Pierne, ( who seems
to love writing in the top two octaves).  The second half is piano and violin
duets.

    I laugh,  I cry,   but if I am going to be professional about this,  I
can't shrug,  I will just keep telling myself, in those last few floodlit,
single mute, minutes out there before the doors open,  that Jim Coleman says
"unisons",  "unisons", "unisons"..................(:)}}}}

Regards to all,  ah  Friday !........

Ed Foote